Hi Loves!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I can't wait to hear the Christmas stories from all of my mommy bloggers.

Anywho, I'm just really glad the holidays are over! Bring on the new year. I feel so ready for the start of new chapters, from my love life to my career. Everything seems to be lining up.

On the "Finally starting my f*#cking life" front, I'm beyond happy. I just completed my undergrad career WITH honors, despite all the stress S put me through. I pulled out of my last semester with a 3.6 GPA! I couldn't wait to call my father to let him know his daughter is an honors student. Job offer wise, I now have 3 on the table. 2 are in Cali, 1 in Chicago. I could've had more. in Chicago but I never planned on staying. Still, better to be safe than California sorry. The 1 out of the 2 in Cali is only $2,000 higher than average starting. I have to wait until January to have the interview with the second company in Cali (I interned with them here in Chicago, so I'm hoping with that experience they can offer me a little more.) The deal breaker is the Chicago job. We have a better job market, they are offering $8,000 more than average, and I will have a slightly higher position. I'm so confused. Do I take the money and run in Chicago, with a higher title nice condo,and a good 360 digital agency, or do I run off to my happy place, earn less, work on an awesome movie studio account and live modest with no potential girlfriend? This is really hard to me. Dad says I could always move to Cali after awhile and take the experience with me. I just don't know.

Love wise, its funny that I tweeted just a few minutes ago that "I may have just found the mother of my children." I promise you all it was just a tweet. I'm pretty sure the blogosphere is getting tired of me counting my chickens before they even hatch. It's just that she is amazing. Here's a few details about her:

•She's Tall
•Very Pretty
•Funny
•Kind
•Skinny (we can shop together!)
•All about family
•Loves Learning
•Likes to hold hands
•Did I mention SMART
•Modest

I could literally search my mind and go on, there's just one bit of a problem. Yeah, always a catch with something too good to be true. Well, she's kind of my ex-best friend's (from high school) little sister. WAIT before you all think I'm a stranger danger, she's 21 going on 22 in February. I'm 22 going on 23 in June. I'm pretty hung up on the fact that she's my old bff's kid sister but she's not a kid anymore. I see her in a different light, not in freshmen vs. sophomore status. She's blossomed into a beautiful woman. She's met my gayby (gay-boy bff since high school) and he approves and wants to see more of her. We text constantly and plan to see each other again for NYE. I know she's not a rebound because I just broke some poor girls heart after some cold distant sex with no kissing involved but that's another blog post.

I need some advice loves, how do I handle my career/moving and the crazy sister situation? Any advice would help!

Sending Love & Hugs,

Kira

3 comments:

Wegan said...

My thought coming your way.. Congrats on honours that's amazing!!!

Job wise that is hard, just go to all the interviews and see how you feel? If the Chicago job is better pay and maybe better experience, it may be best to stay with them a couple of years before moving onto Cali with more experience and therefore higher job positions there? But then if L.A will make you more happy then do it!

But I want to hear all about this girl ooooh IM EXCITED! Firstly, is she fully gay? Is she out? Well shes not much younger than you and as its your ex bff, does it really matter? If you like each other then go for it!!

And hanggg on you had sex? With who?? EMAIL ME!! lol

M xoxo

The Yang said...

Hi, The Yang here. Firstly, congrats on the 3.6 GPA, that's what's up! I'm sure you worked your tail off for it, so you deserve it!

On the job situation, from a practical POV, I would take the job in Chicago because it pays 8k above average and there is a better job market there. Cali more than likely has a higher cost of living, so making less there is a double whammy.

What I would do if I were you is take the Chicago job, then live off of what you WOULD be making in Cali. Then take the remainder of your salary and put it in savings or an investment account like a Roth IRA. That way, later, if you still feel like Cali is calling your name, you can take your job experience with you along with a nice little nest egg :) That could be a down payment on a Cali pad or a nice financial cushion while you get settled in Cali!

Good luck with your ex-best friend's sister! The only advice I have on that is not to rush things and just enjoy the developing friendship. Everything else will come naturally if its meant to happen :)

-The Yang

Kira said...

Thank you so much Yang! This is exactly the advice I needed. I was trying to figure out what a roth IRA was and what I would do with it exactly. I need to do tons more research when it comes to my finances. I also want to have a nice portfolio set up with extra money. I doubt I will have a lot of that because I racked up a small house in student loans. The new girl and I fell apart already, I realized I didn't want to settle on new years day. I will be emailing you soon because your advice just gave me life!

Post a Comment