You can never lead If you're constantly following behind others.
Those are the wise words of my grandmother, She always made it a point to talk to me about being an Original being. Every time she looked at me she saw determination in my eyes, the determination I had to make something of myself. She always tagged me as her twin. I remember her showing me her old report cards from elementary school, all the way up until her senior year of high school. My grandmother was a straight A student since she was able to go to school. I saw her award for 100 spelling tests grades of A+I was amazed and had to beat and/or match her record. I looked up to her so much, and she always told me the reason she was so successful was because she used her head for more than a hat-rack.
I see my self as a person who doesn't fall for just anything. I have finally found a religion that has truly sparked my interest. Being a person that doesn't fall for just anything, I hated the dogmatic nature and the pure mochary of a loving god that my other religion spewed. People around me would just follow its awful word without realizing its denouncing many of their own loved ones. I do not and will not ever promote hate or the ideal that man is superior to women. I enjoy learning about my new found faith and truly believe in its teachings; there is more than one path to god, and he loves everyone.
Love,
A newly found Unitarian Universalist

0 comments:

Post a Comment