It seems like everything has been lining up perfectly In my life lately. Everything Is not moving as fast and I no longer feel like opportunities are passing me by. I feel as though Im right where Im supposed to be. I guess thats what happens when you get old ;) I turned 21 last year and had a blast, well I think I had a blast everyone else thought I was a party pooper. My birthday party was held at a friends condo and I ended up with my head in a toilet bowl and my love holding my hair then putting me to bed while everyone else danced, ate and drank everything. I managed to wake up for five minutes to cut our cake that read: "Happy Birthday Kira and S". Im so happy everybody had fun.

Seeing that my birthday was during the summer and I partied like a rockstar (yeah right), lately I have been pretty focused on school. I've managed to get my grades high enough to get into my schools semester in LA program. I get to spend five weeks in LA taking entertainment marketing classes at a near by studio. I am so excited! My love S also got accepted so we're looking for housing together and got an amazing deal. Since we're only going for five weeks we decided to go with a vacation rental. I let the woman know that I'm a student and she was able to find it in her heart to give us six nights free. Now Im just waiting on my mother to give me the payment. I let her file me this year on her taxes and this year she has agreed to be civil and not try to be a snake with the money. Money alone has torn our relationship apart and frankly I don't care to rebuild it, but thats another post for another day.

With everything moving so smooth I was also able to get my dream internship. I intern at a commercial production agency. They shoot commercials for clients like Yo.plait, T.GIF, N.eutrogena etc and they are about 5 train stops from my house! Back in 2010 I was doing some promotion work for this awesome film and the director just happened to be someone I recognized from a class trip to a production agency. Long story short that amazing woman spoke me up at Dream Co. (I will call where I work Dream Co.) I am kicking ass here and taking names! I constantly impress the big boss with my resourcefulness and upbeat attitude, what shocked and amazed her was when I came in during that big Chicago blizzard! The office dubbed that storm "Snow-mageddon". They cater food in everyday and have a very relaxed environment and some really cool people. I could see myself staying in Chicago just to work for them.

Well gotta get back to work at my ultra cool desk :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment